Hello! I hope you all had a good Valentine’s Day and long President’s Day weekend!
We celebrated Valentine’s day in our usual manner… with heart-shaped eggs! It’s a simple and fun way to surprise the eaters in your family with some love first thing on Valentine’s Day.
All you need is a hard boiled egg, some thick cardboard, aluminum foil, rubber bands, and a chopstick.
Here’s what you do:
- Peel the egg while the boiled egg is still hot (you can cool it enough to peel by dunking it in cold water for about 2-3 minutes).
- Make a cardboard into a square and fold it into a “V” shape.
- Line the “V” with aluminum foil and place the hot egg inside the V.
- Place the chopstick at the top of the V, laying it over the egg.
- Add one rubber band to each end of the chopstick and wrap it around the cardboard so that it is pulling the chopstick down into the egg (creating the top of the heart)… see the picture for a clear understanding.
- Place as many egg “V”s in a ziplock or other container and leave in the refrigerator over night.
- In the morning, slice the egg cross-wise (around it’s width) and you end up with heart-shaped slices (I used an egg slicer).
Now you can start planning for next year!